Sunday, June 15, 2008

Biblical Superpowers

So we all pile into the car after church, and six-year-old Greg decides to be the first to tell us what he learned in Sunday school. "Jesus and John the Baptist got into a big fight." Not remembering that in the scriptures, we, nevertheless, asked for more details (big mistake). "John told Jesus that He should be the one who baptises him. Jesus told him, no, you should baptise me." So, I bit: "What happened next, Greg?" "Jesus used his force powers and sent him to Hell."

I think somebody's imagination got the best of him, and he missed the last part of the teacher's lesson.

4 comments:

shoprat said...

I hate to tell you how I understood some Bible lessons in my pre-school days.

Jeffro said...

Whew. At least Jesus wasn't force to resort to using his death ray eyes.

;)

Terri Wagner said...

Who says Jesus doesn't have force powers???!!!

Daddio said...

They must have been studying one of those "lost" gospels that the Knights Templar tried to hide until Dan Brown came along and showed us the light...