Sunday, June 22, 2008

Adventures in the Goat Pen

It will be dark here in a few minutes. There are dark clouds, but not menacing ones. My sons, 6 and 8, are still outside playing in the goat pen, along with three-year-old Linebacker Dude. They have been playing there for hours. I love hearing their happy voices. I do my gardening early in the morning and late in the evening. It is just so great to know the boys are able to play outside to their hearts' content, just like I did when I was a boy. No parental supervision needed, thank you.

I did wish I had my camera, though, because I saw several moments that someone should have captured on video. One of the best one was when a goat got out of the pen and the boys chased and chased her, roped her, then she dragged them down the hill back to the goat pen.

2 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

Odd, this weekend something I forget what reminded me of my wonderful childhood and playing outside all day when I could.

Webutante said...

Those were the days of playing endlessly in summer and catching lightning bugs in the evenings.

Heeelp Bob, I'm in enemy territory! And to make matters worse, I hiked Mt. Sanitas today with a friend and while coming down slipped on some scree and twisted my ankle. I may need to be rescued soon!

But it's great being out here!