Saturday, June 28, 2008

"He's their dream guy and they don't want to wake up."

So says Betsy Newmark in her analysis of Obama's flip-flopping on issue after issue. Betsy points out that the media is giving and will continue to give Obama a free ride. According to Howard Kurtz, none of the major papers has anything today about Obama's 180 degree flip-flop on the issue of the individual American's right to bear arms. Just last November Obama told the Chicago Tribune he thought the D.C. gun ban was constitutional. Now, he agrees with the Supreme Court in ruling that the ban was unconstitutional.

The guy is reputed to be a good basketball player. I believe that gives us the best idiom to understand what he is now doing. He was driving down the left lane, now he is pivoting, and smoothly moving to the center of the court. It will be up to us to play good defense, steal the ball away from him, and block his shots.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

In a way I must confess I understand the Obama hysteria. I voted for Ross Perot and wouldn't listen to a bad word about him. Thought it was all a part of the "machine" course I was in my 20's at the time, my only excuse.