Saturday, May 10, 2008

This guy has been to 57 states, with three more to go!

Here is the video of Obama saying that he has been to 57 states. My just-turned sixteen-year-old stepson said, "I like that guy." Then I asked all the children, how many states are there?" They all knew that there are fifty states. However, sixteen-year-old said, "Well, there are some other places that should be states, but aren't yet, and that is probably what he was thinking about." Obama has a complete and total pass with the young voters.

It kind of reminds me of an experience I had when I was a freshman at Hardin-Simmons University in Texas. My roommate, who was a popular guy on campus, introduced me to three different people as we walked across the campus one day. He told the first guy I was from Iowa (which I was). He told the second guy I was from Ohio. He told the third guy I was from Idaho. To my roommate, all three of those states were the same; all were filled with yankees!

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I don't mind the slip of the tongue, I do it all the time; but I laugh at myself. We'll find out if Obama is capable of laughing at himself. That's an important character trait. But you're right; Obama supporters ignore anything that doesn't keep with the image he has created.