Sunday, May 25, 2008

I've Had It With The Fearmongers and Scammers

Jason Blevins writes today about the culture of fear that envelopes many Americans today, and the politicians and scammers who profit from us cowering in fear. Remember when FDR said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself?" Here is more from FDR's famous speech.
"This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. . . . The only thing we have to fear is fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."


The Blevins article lists many of the items being promulgated to make us fearful little sheep waiting for some political shepherd to lead us and save us. He appropriately ends his piece with some wise advice and a Biblical admonition.
Bid adieu to the merchants of gloom and go for it. Aim higher. Whistle.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I will fear no evil."

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I have to admit Obama had it right when I cling to my guns and religion, I find comfort, doubt disappears and fear flees as least for a while.