Friday, October 05, 2018

REALLY Important Things

Guest post by
by Suzann Darnall

There are important things and then there are REALLY important things. Important things include such happenings as the confirmation and appointment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh. REALLY important things include my family, my friends, my animals, my faith, and my life in general. So, while I am concerned about the shenanigans going on in Washington, DC, I am more concerned with what is happening right here in Texas involving my husband.

My husband has been having a few health issues, thus has undergone some surgeries and procedures. He is facing more in the near future. While the outlook is good, there are always possibilities that all is not so well as we believe. Consequently, I am a lot more worried about what is going on with my beloved than I am about even the importance of Judge Kavanaugh’s situation.

While I am praying that Judge Kavanaugh is confirmed and appointed, I am admittedly spending more time praying about my husband and what he is facing. I know the makeup of the Supreme Court of the United States can affect our country and its laws, but my husband’s health will affect our lives in ways far more personal and important than anything that ever happens in DC.

Therefore, if I seem somewhat disengaged at times from what is happening in DC and even in our more local elections, please be aware that life, at least for me, is more than politics. And, right now, it is life that concerns me most of all. Mainly my husband’s healthy and happy life.

While I will be praying that the Republicans win each battle up to and including the November elections, I will mostly be praying my husband is a winner in each and every surgery or procedure he undergoes over the next few months.

Now, I do not want anyone to think he is under some automatic death sentence. The prognosis is actually very good. However, there is a shade of gray that might be hiding a touch of black, so we are cautiously optimistic and not just free-n-clear happy. And, since I am sometimes a worrywart and pessimist about such things, I am a little more worried than him. But, he is in good hands. The Lord’s and the medicos at BAMC. Definitely my priority!

Nevertheless, I do want to remind all y’all that the health of our nation is also at risk. Its well-being is in the hands of the voters. President Trump has done much to revive our economy and many aspects of our societal freedoms, but he needs more help to get more done. Not only will Judge Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court give a vital boost to the rule of law according to our Constitution, but a lot more Conservatives in office all across this land will help keep our Constitutional rights a lot safer. So, vote “R” and give Trump the majorities he needs!

Our National Health depends on it!!!

No comments: