Saturday, October 20, 2018

“I think my biggest achievement is that, after going through a rather difficult time, I still consider myself comparatively sane.”



In Real Clear Life, Sean Cunningham writes about Jackie Kennedy Onnasis.
Despite her desire for privacy, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis was subjected to frequently cruel gossip (often presented in the guise of legitimate journalism) and ultimately wound up literally stripped bare before the world. It would be nice to say this was a horrific but isolated occurrence. Of course, that isn’t the case. Today every woman in the public eye can expect at least some degree of online harassment and hackers particularly love sharing nude photos.

Which makes Jackie Kennedy’s quip at a 1979 dinner party still timely today: “I think my biggest achievement is that, after going through a rather difficult time, I still consider myself comparatively sane.”
Read more here.

No comments: