Sunday, July 22, 2012

Whom does God look after?

I was having a brief conversation with a colleague at work today. She told me that she knew someone who had bought tickets to the movie premiere where the massacre occurred. He had purchased tickets for himself and his son. His son got sleepy, so they didn't go. My friend said she asked the man, "Doesn't that tell you that God is looking after you?" He answered, "Yes," I asked her, "Does that imply that God did not look after the 71 people who were shot?" Before she could answer, we both had to get back to our jobs of tending to the needs of customers.

2 comments:

Trinka said...

God works all things together for good. For some of us, "good" is being spared a tragedy. For others, "good" may mean going through something like that, for our own soul's growth, or for a testimony to others.

We don't always recognize "good" ... but we can trust the One who ordains it.

If I'm making something, I use the best possible ingredients. But God, because He's God, sometimes chooses to use really horrible ingredients, and yet bring something truly wondrous from them.

Bob's Blog said...

Thank you, Trinka.