Thursday, July 12, 2012

Credibility

Few things are more important than one's credibility. When I am reading blogs, I am wanting to learn something, but I want it to be credible. When I re-post something to my blog, I want to be sure it is from a credible source. Our enemies really believe they are better than we. They love to mock us. If we out-work them, and do the digging required to know the truth, we will have the last laugh in the end.

I have removed from my blog yesterday's item about Barack and Michelle losing their licenses to practice law. I thought about it overnight, asking myself why had I never heard of this before. I decided to go to Snopes.com, where I learned that they both no longer have licenses, because they both no longer practice law!
Here is the Snopes review:  http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/lawlicenses.asp

Here is more from a blog with which I am unfamiliar: "He did not resign his license to practice law until AFTER a complaint had been filed with the ARDC." http://polination.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/why-did-barack-obama-surrender-his-il-law-license/


FactCheck.org confirms the findings at Snopes: http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/the-obamas-law-licenses/

2 comments:

Trinka said...

Thanks for letting us know Bob - I would have cited that freely, because I've come to trust what you post. I'm glad to have been corrected BEFORE I was corrected!

Terri Wagner said...

Good for you Bob. Let's try to keep it accurate. It's tough, but worth the effort.