Friday, July 06, 2012

What to do about newspapers

Recently I realized that I had five days of unopened newspapers. Yet, I had been staying informed by reading news stories on the internet. I started wondering if I should cancel my subscriptions. I pulled one newspaper out of its plastic sleeve, and, lo and behold, there was fodder for not one, but two, blog posts to counteract the liberal bias of the newspaper!

I guess I'll hang in there a while longer with the subscriptions, much the same as I do with NPR, which produces some good stuff here locally, in between the left-leaning biases so apparent in their national newscasts.

Newspapers still employ large enough staffs to cover a wide variety of news stories. I have noticed that the Denver Post is trying to make a niche for itself as an organ that covers local stories. Those stories are appearing on the front page more often than national stories. They used to have something from the New York Times as the main story. Now they are decreasing their dependence on the Times, just like the rest of us!

No comments: