Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Unfair, Unbalanced

Today there were two stories in the Denver Post about the presidential election campaigns. Of course, the stories mentioned that there are contests today in Virginia, Maryland, and D.C. What I found interesting was that there was exactly zero mention of candidate Mike Huckabee. I decided to count the number of times a candidate's name was mentioned. I counted 34 times that McCain was mentioned, 25 times Obama's name was mentioned, including a front page photo, and 20 times Hillary Clinton's name was mentioned. Huckabee? Zero! How is that for fair and balanced coverage? Didn't Huckabee clobber McCain in last week's voting? The old media stinks!

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

Well, I have to say our part of the country hangs on every word Huckabee says. Not that I'm real thrilled about that. So maybe it depends on what part you're living in, ha.