Thursday, February 14, 2008

More Hospital Time

Why hasn't Bob been posting? Was he in the hospital again? Yes, the pictures below are of Sky Ridge Hospital in Lone Tree, Colorado, a first class joint. As you can see, it is appropriately named, with mountain ridges that reach up to the sky in three directions.

Tuesday morning I began having mild chest pains. I had been invited to get together with some Colorado bloggers that evening, and I was not going to miss that. Driving on the Interstate, the pains got a little more emphatic and lasted longer. I reached in my pocket, and, for the first time, tried one of those Nitro pills under the tongue. Whew! That stopped the pains for three hours. Then, near the end of the meeting with other Colorado bloggers, the pains started up again. I stopped on the way home to get some Valentines Day flowers, and made it home okay. The next morning the pains were back, coming about every ten minutes. I reluctantly obeyed my wife, who was insisting that I allow her to drive me in to Sky Ridge Hospital where I had my heart problems in December.

After a day and one-half of thorough tests, they determined late this afternoon that this time it was not my heart. It was most probably something called Costochondritis, which is an inflammation of the chest wall. The treatment? Ibuprofen!

I called Colleen, and she piled the five youngest kids in the van to come and get me. While the nurses were looking for me to unplug all the gizmos they had fastened on me, I grabbed the camera and went to take some pictures for the blog. I've missed all of you, and promise to come check you out beginning tomorrow.


8 comments:

Jeffro said...

Just what you needed - more excitement. At least it wasn't as bad as it could have been.....nq

vw bug said...

Glad you are safe.

Terri Wagner said...

Take care and listen to your body, ha.

Webutante said...

Oh Bob, please take care of yourself. I have a book I want to send you soon. Would like to get your and Colleen's address....if you will email me at Webutante07@gmail.com, I'll get on it soon.

God bless you all.

julie said...

Glad to hear it wasn't anything truly serious, Bob. Take care of yourself!

robinstarfish said...

Glad it wasn't serious, Bob. No more scares, ok? Maybe slow down a little bit?

Mrs. Who said...

Heart problems on Valentine's Day? Pushing it a bit there, aren't you...

I'm glad you're okay though, and that it wasn't serious. But don't mess around with that stuff.

Gecko said...

Time for some family Christian Hatha Yoga. A couple of warnings . . . our prayers are with you, Bob.