Tuesday, June 26, 2007

If I Have To Look At Them One More Time, I am Going To Scream!

Tonight I had to make a run to the supermarket. I bring my items up to the checkout counter, and there they are: Angelina Jolie, Brittany Spears, Linsey Lohan, and Paris Hilton. I snapped! I asked to speak to the manager. I told her I have had it up to here with having those skanks thrust in front of me every time I come up to pay for my groceries. She told me that the tabloids pay big bucks to the corporations that operate the supermarkets. The big bucks are for a position that hits you right in the face while you wait for the persons ahead of you to check out.

If we started a nationwide picket line, though, what would we want them to put in place of the Globe and Cosmo? Time? Newsweak? The New York Times? At least during the O.J. trial the Natioal Enquirer kept coming up with facts that later made it into the MSM. And, if memory serves, during Watergate the same thing happened. Okay, we'll let National Enquirer stay, but get rid of all the others!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

LOL! Unfortunately, it's Freedom of Speech, Bob. You know what I do? I don't face in the direction of the rack where they have them displayed. In this case ignorance really is bliss! They will keep publishing that crap as long as people read it, and unfortunately there is an over-abundance of dimwits in this country.

Regarding the people who treat movie stars, Rap stars, models, etc., as if they were gods, they are doing nothing other than worshipping false idols. I don't see any difference between "idolizing" people than there was by "idolizing" the golden calf the people made after Joseph led them out of Egypt and went up to Mt. Siani for 40 days to receive the word of God.