Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Will he sign the bill?

A full page ad in the Denver Post today urged Governor Hickenlooper not to render women defenseless. Kimberly Weeks, the woman in the photo below, tells her story of being raped. I believe today is the day Hickenlooper plans to sign the bill.

KIMBERLY WEEKS STUDENT, RAPE SURVIVOR, AND CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT HOLDER WHEN GOVERNOR JOHN HICKENLOOPER WAS FIRST ELECTED, everyone said that he was a different kind of politician. I guess we’ll find out.

A few years ago I was raped. Since that horrible morning, I have consistently trained to protect myself, and I’ve traveled the country telling my story. As women, we have a right to protect our bodies. My story helped defeat one gun control bill in Colorado, but the worst survived. It’s the most extreme gun control proposal in America – House Bill 1224 – and it is now in Governor Hickenlooper’s hands. HB 1224 bans nearly all magazines of any capacity and leaves us defenseless against criminals. GUN CONTROL DOESN’T STOP CRIMINALS. IT STOPS LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. Governor Hickenlooper, don’t let the most extreme gun control legislation in America become your legacy. Governor Hickenlooper, don’t we have a right to protect our bodies with something more than a whistle or a call box?

Don’t let Governor Hickenlooper disarm us. Contact him today at (303) 866-2471 and urge him to VETO HOUSE BILL 1224.

Governor Hickenlooper veto house bill 1224

No comments: