Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The people!

Since I no longer have a long commute to work, I listen much less to radio. Still, however, while cutting melons or doing dishes, I might turn it on. Most of the time my dial stays on NPR and Colorado Public Radio, because I do not like to be bombarded with commercials.

Today I listened to Nina Totenberg give a lengthy report on yesterday's Supreme Court debate on the Defense of Marriage Act. No matter who you listen to, there is bias. I realize that NPR tilts left, even though they do make an effort to present both sides to issues. For example, Ms. Totenberg mentioned that marriage has always been left up to the states. Oops! The Constitution says if the government of the United States has not been given authority to act, then it is left up to the states or the people.

Three words, or the people: don't forget those words, Nina Totenberg. As long as I am a law-abiding person, why should any government, federal or state, have anything to say about whom I choose to live with?

No comments: