Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dreaming solutions

Dreams. When I was doing child protection work, my left brain worked non-stop all night long considering various scenarios. Last night, thirteen years after no longer doing that work, I was a caseworker again, trying to figure out case scenarios. Often times I dream of individuals involved in those cases, and wake myself up, shouting ferociously, "stop!"

I think it may have been triggered by a recent conversation with a friend. I think very highly of this friend. He shared with me a re-telling of events. He and his young son are being abused by his spouse and her parents.

Another friend told me yesterday of her adult son's alcoholism, and how it is affecting his young child. Alcohol or other drug addictions were involved in ninety percent of my child protection cases.

My desire to fix these problems was and is very strong. I only wish it were as easy as the Everly Brothers assert: "All I have to do is dream, dream, dream!" "Gee whiz!" And, man, I wish I had their heads of hair!

No comments: