Friday, November 04, 2011

Fired for speaking the truth?


Major General Peter Fuller, deputy commander for training Afghan security forces, was relieved of his job in Afghanistan today. He gave an interview to Politico (there they go again), saying that their military and people were isolated from reality. He called President Karzai "erratic" for recently saying Afghanistan would side with Pakistan if the latter declared war on the U.S.

"Why don’t you just poke me in the eye with a needle!," Fuller was quoted as saying. "You’ve got to be kidding me … I’m sorry, we just gave you $11.6 billion and now you’re telling me, 'I don’t really care'?"

Fuller said Afghan leaders "don't understand the sacrifices that America is making to provide for their security. And I think that's part of my job to educate 'em."

Sounds like he was speaking the truth!

The link: The link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45169527/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/#.TrS44HJ3Hz4

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

It's tough to understand why people don't accept our good faith but ya know I don't much care. We do it because it's required of us. One day they'll account to God/Allah whatever and so will we.