Friday, November 04, 2011

Horses, by Sara and Bob


Hi! My name is Sara. I am going to write a blog post about horses. I have two horses in New Mexico named Peanut and Slingshot. They are good horses. You can teach them easily. I'm seven-years-old and I can ride a horse. Sometimes my mom teaches me. We used to have two more horses. One of them had to be sold, and the other one got an infection or something, because she got taken to the vet.

The two horses I have are very strong. The first thing you do is put a saddle on. The second thing you do is take all the dirt out of their feet. The third thing you do is polish their nails and put the halter on. Instead of putting bits in their mouths, you can use the ones where you put them on their noses.

Some horses like to jump, and some don't like to listen to you. Here's something about a horse that is very dangerous: if you kick it too much and hit it, sometimes it can go very fast and you fall off. Never stand in back of a horse, because some can break your neck or your nose. If you get a pony, they might be very dangerous. They might buck you off and the other horses could trample you.

The reason why you want a horse is because it can teach you how to get exercise, by walking the horse around. There is a horse called a mustang. It is very wild. You never want to catch it, because it can kill you. Mustangs live in groups in the wild. Don't take it, even when it is young. How is it going to nurse, if it doesn't have a mom? The picture at the top of this blog post is of a group of three mustangs.

4 comments:

mRed said...

Very good post! You taught me things I didn't know. Thank you.

Mrs. Who said...

Excellent essay! I learned something about horses today.

Bob's Blog said...

Thanks mRed and Mrs. Who!

Terri Wagner said...

I never knew anything about horses thanks for explaining things to me.