Monday, April 21, 2008

Beautiful Surprises

As my regular readers (thank you) know, we moved to this farm last summer. Imagine my surprise, then, when I have been discovering dozens and dozens of tulips and daffodils coming up all over this four acre property. I asked God tonight if He knew I was going to be moving here. Few people would enjoy these surprises more than I. When I see them I usually bring in the flowers. These are amongst some crown of thorns plants I have been rooting in the kitchen window. Many of you live in southern parts of the U.S., so tulips and daffodils may not seem like such a big deal. However, when you live in a place like this, where winters last at least through the middle of April, the joys of spring and summer are more appreciated every year.

2 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

Yes, it's true I take it for granted. We've jumped yet again from a very mild winter straight to summer. It's been 80 degrees here all week. So what flowers do for you, snow does for me.

Holly said...

I too love to see Daffs, Tulips and Grape hyacinths come up, they are a sure sign of warmer weather.