Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry!


I want you to meet Merry, our new standard poodle, who came to live with us today. She is a gift from a friend. The friend is someone whom we helped a little bit earlier this year when he lost his job. Now, fittingly, he is making more money driving a truck than I ever made as a social services director. We will give him pick of the litter when Merry becomes a momma. Colleen would like to show people how poodles are actually very good livestock protectors, in addition to being very good with children and adults.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

great dog with kids !!

Unknown said...

Hi,

Very cute Standard Poodle. Yes, they are great with kids. I have a website all about Standard Poodles with lots of usefule information. Check it out, it might help.

I don't want to sound mean or all knowing, but, please consider not breeding unless you are really wanting to improve the breed and not just make some money. There are enough unwanted dogs in the United States.

I have two Standard Poodles and both of them are spayed/neutered even though they came from champion blood lines. I don't feel confident enough to really know what I'm doing to improve on the breed, so I chose to spay/neuter. Actually, that was part of my breeder's contract for letting us purchase the dogs.

Good luck with your Standard.

Sandy

http://www.standardpoodlesusa.com