Monday, December 10, 2007

Don't Forgive People Who Have Not Repented!

The killer was kicked out of the mission training program a few years ago. He has been writing hate mail to the mission ("Youth With A Mission"), which has offices at Arvada and Colorado Springs, the two campuses where the killer shot people.

When you get hate mail, involve law enforcement! These Christians may have made the same mistake that Mike Huckabee made as Governor of Arkansas, when he pardoned and gave clemency to hundreds of criminals. Don't forgive people who have not repented!

2 comments:

FatwaGirl said...

I think about this often. I have heard Dennis Prager discuss this many times, and I am appalled by how often I hear people prattle about forgiveness and also closure and other psychobabble terms, completely overlooking that the Master of Forgiveness requires that we all repent first. I don't see any way that the Colorado Springs killer could have repented. It's possible but he went from being shot to anticipating capture to taking himself out very quickly and, given his hatred of Christians, I think it's unlikely. Given that there was no repentance, I hate to see people talk about forgiving him. I think this creates a mistaken idea in the zeitgeist that forgiveness must always be provided automatically without regard for repentence and that, if you don't have it in yourself to grant automatic forgiveness to the unrepentant, you are a bad person.

Bob's Blog said...

fatwagirl,
Thanks for stopping by. I think this is an important issue.

"I am appalled by how often I hear people prattle about forgiveness and also closure and other psychobabble terms, completely overlooking that the Master of Forgiveness requires that we all repent first." Beautifully put, and Amen!