Monday, December 10, 2007

Information About the Heroine

The heroine: "I took him down. I give the credit to God. I did not think for a minute to run away. "I prayed, Holy Spirit be with me." "My hands were not even shaking. My prior experience is in law enforcement. I have had to draw my weapon countless times before in my career, but never had to fire it."

The pastor: "Twelve armed security guards...always have at least six armed guards on duty. All are licensed. All are members of the church. All are screened and licensed to carry weapons."

The heroine: "I was just asking God...God this is You. God was with me. He never left my side. I was very focused. It was chaotic and so loud. I just knew I was not going to wait for him to do any further damage."

"I am not married. I have no kids. I will be married some day. God is going to find me the perfect man."

"I was finishing a three day fast. I was asking God for his Will. I was weak. I am honored that God chose me. He gave me His strength. I was on duty, and I was directed to carry my weapon. What was going through my mind was how awesome and powerful God is. I took cover, and was tremendously outweaponed."

Heroine is 25. Her name is Jeanne Assam. "I thanked God. I am in more awe of God than I was even before."

3 comments:

Webutante said...

Bob, thank you for these posts....great job....also, I'm so glad that for once in a shooting rampage there was a gun with a good shot behind it. We might not have seen the carnage at VA Tech.

Jeff Dowdle said...

She is a true hero and an example of what can happen with an armed public.

Bob's Blog said...

webutante,
It is fun to try to beat the MSM with the story, even though this was another tragedy. This morning the Denver Post was mostly about the killer, while the Rocky Mountain News focused more on the heroine, as I think is proper. I doubt if the journalists writing for the papers have to contend with loud noises coming from 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 13, and 15-year-olds, while listening to press conferences!

jeff,
Thanks for dropping by. You are right on both counts.