Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Victimless Crimes

Instapundit links to a couple of blog posts here and here about whether or not prostitution should be legal. It is interesting that the "victimless crime" argument is always paramount, whether it is prostitution or dangerous drugs people are trying to make legal.

The thing I want to emphasize is this. These prostitutes and drug users have children. The children are the victims. Almost every foster child we have received into our home in the last four years has been the child of an addict or a prostitute, and many times the addict and the prostitute are one and the same person: the biological mother of the child. Every time I hear intellectuals say the phrase "victimless crimes," I want to scream!

1 comment:

Mrs. Who said...

Thank you for that viewpoint...I'd never thought about those children being the victims.

I think A LOT of Democratic policies and procedures make victims of children.

-Mrs. Who
http://houseofzathras.com