Monday, May 21, 2007

The Flowers Will Have To Wait

In the posts that follow this one, you will see that I really enjoy flower gardening. Yesterday we went out to walk the property we have a contract offer on in the rolling hill country southeast of Denver. I was somewhat overwhelmed, because the weeds are waist high in places, a result of the record snowfall we had last winter. I guess I will be in the market for one of those riding mowers, because it is 3.6 acres. Of course, we will have horses, so they will be happy there. We will have to learn which weeds are poisonous to the horses. We will also have goats, but they eat the bark off of trees, so we will have to keep them in a fenced area, because I have a feeling the trees will be very appreciated and highly prized. The whole idea of the move to the country is my wife's life-long dream. She is convinced it will be a great place for the kids, and I did notice that Linebacker Dude seemed very happy. We had not one hint of a behavior problem from him yesterday.

Update: I just got a voice mail from Colleen saying she has a solution to the tall grass and weed problem. That's it, no other words on the message. I'll just have to wait to hear her idea.

Update 2: Colleen found a place that rents a mower that can do an acre per hour. Thirty bucks for the first hour, and sixteen bucks for each additonal hour. Sounds good to me.

3 comments:

julie said...

Wow, Bob - that all sounds exciting! I can say from experience that growing up surrounded by trees and wildlife is a very good thing. And horses! What lucky kids :)

Mrs. Who said...

Oh, good luck on getting the place. It sounds like a fabulous place for the kids.

-Mrs. Who
http://houseofzathras.com

Mizz E said...

Can't have a garden without weeds.

This will be a good move Bob. Nature is the best
reality teacher.