Friday, May 11, 2007

Another U.N. Farce

The latest corrupt farce at the United Nations: Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe will chair the U.N. Commission on Sustainable Development! Prior to Mugabe's dictatorial reign of terror, Zimbabwe's farmers were leaders in exporting all kinds of agricultural products. Now, according to the BBC, "Zimbabwe is enduring the world's highest inflation, at more than 2000%, mass unemployment, and there are widespread accusations of civil rights abuses. On Wednesday it was announced that households in Zimbabwe were to be limited to four hours' electricity a day, between 1700 and 2100 local time."
Via The Corner

2 comments:

julie said...

When I was younger, there used to be a billboard outside my town the said "Get US out of the U.N.!" in big letters. Seeing that, I would shake my head, assuming that only whackos thought that way. Now that I'm older and slightly wiser, I can see that whoever posted that billboard was not crazy, just observant.
It drives me nuts that my tax dollars fund that corrupt and frankly evil organization.

Bob's Blog said...

Juliec,
I first saw those signs around 1960 in Texas when I was doing my undergraduate work at Hardin-Simmons University. I thought, "Oh that is from the John Birch kooks." I agree with your assessment of the U.N.