Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Never Despair

I listened to Congressman Tom Tancredo on talk radio this morning. He actually seemed optimistic that when the Senators and Congresspeople return to their home states for the Memorial Day break, they will realize that there is massive, overwhelming opposition from voters to the proposed amnesty bill for illegal immigrants. Tancredo believes there is now at least a "fifty-fifty chance" that the bill will die due to politicians being fearful for their future job security! Ben was right: never despair! Just enforce the laws already on the books!

3 comments:

julie said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Mizz E said...

I use the prefab faxes at Numbers USA to flood the representatives offices with protestations.

We cannot let up on this one. Near impossible to undo legislation.

Do not go back to sleep because of Tancredo's optimism. We can relax after the idiot's attempts to sell this country to badlanders have been defeated.

Pen of Jen said...

I came over from Jungle Hut..We homeschool too. I have 2 blogs mcbenningschool.blogspot.com and penofjen.blogspot.com.

Neat to read some of your older post, and I love the photos!
Jennifer