Saturday, December 07, 2013

Dad, it's just a movie!

Can a movie have great acting and still bore the snot our of you?

I just came back from taking the kids to see Catching Fire. Or, was it Tick Tock? No, it was "Ya Gotta Have Allies? Or, was it I'll Get You Some Water? Or, was it Nobody Needs Me? Or, was it I Need You? Or, was it No Problem, We'll see You at Midnight? Or, was it The Water Helped?

No, it was Remember Who The Real Enemy Is. Or, We've Lost Power! I think it was Saved by the Sleep Apnea Machine! Or, This is the Revolution, and You are the Mocking Jay! No, it was Oh Well, I Can Always Go Back To My Other Boyfriend!

I was looking forward to the movie, because several conservative websites recommended it. What, do we think Jennifer Lawrence is going to pull some arrows out of her quiver and defend us against Obama, the IRS, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Eric Holder, and John Kerry? Dream on, comrades.

We are not going to let the president choose our leaders, are we? We'll choose our leaders from the likes of Scott Walker, Ted Cruz, and Sarah Palin, not Chris Christie, John McCain, or Mitt Romney, right?

"Dad, it's just a movie."

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I thought the game was a metaphor for the spiritual battle being fought on the earth between the forces of good and evil. And the unseen Capitol represents the Prince of Darkness, and the girl being the figure of the savior and his sacrifice.