Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! I hope you are experiencing special joy this season.

It is a typically sunny day here in Colorado, and the mountains are covered with fresh snow.

This is my first Christmas not to be with family. I received an update from Colleen and Greg so far this morning. Stepson Erik drove all the way from Arvada, Colorado to Santa Fe, New Mexico (a six hour drive) to drop off presents at 4 a.m. this morning, then had to turn around and return because he is on call where he works as a diesel mechanic. A true Santa Claus!

I am actually very motivated to do some blogging today. I have been neglecting this blog, because I have been putting in long hours at work this holiday season. My "after retirement" job is being a cashier in a very popular big box store in Parker, Colorado. The store has had several thousand shoppers every day since Thanksgiving.

Therefore, the lack of people contact feels pretty good today. I love the interaction with the customers, but I still am somewhat of an introvert, and I thrive on the alone time to read and write.

No comments: