Sunday, September 16, 2012

"He's a Democrat!"

I had a very funny thing happen yesterday. A fellow contacted me about wanting to buy something jointly owned by Colleen and me. I told Colleen about it, and she recommended I contact Mr. So and
So, to see if he knows the potential buyer. I did. Yes, Mr. So and So knew the man. "He's a Democrat," were the first words out of Mr. So and So's mouth. He repeated that at least six times in the course of our short conversation, emphasizing that the man is not just a Democrat, but an active Democrat. He said the man is "very honorable" and "has his values in the right place."

I thanked him, hung up the phone, and laughed the heartiest laugh I have laughed in a long, long time! How ironic that Mr. So and So would think that the man's being a Democrat would be a good thing with either Colleen or I!

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

Yea not a plus for me either.