Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Movin on

What a week this has been! I have moved to an even more rural part of Colorado, not far from the town of Kiowa. It is very hilly, dotted with Ponderosa Pines. As I came up to the driveway tonight I was greeted by the biggest buck I have ever seen. I attempted to engage him in conversation, but he turned and jumped over a fence. I am sure we can reach some degree of rapport, if he just gives me a little more time.

My stepsons, Thomas and Erik, and Erik's girlfriend, Morgan, were fantastic helps in the moving process. It was great just to be with them, but they did all the heavy lifting, and made the whole experience bearable (and deerable).


1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

Goodness I like living closer to town myself. Wonder what the buck would have said.