Monday, August 06, 2012

Bring on the right brain circuitry!


Today as I was managing my left and right brain circuitry, I was, as usual, realizing that the left brain was dominating. I thanked my left brain for its dependability and hard work, but told it to take a breather, so I could try out some right brain circuitry. As I consciously tried to utilize my right brain, I noticed that a song was playing inside my mind. It was Moon River by Andy Williams. I am sure I had not heard that song in many years, but there it was, embedded in my memory! The easy, relaxed rhythm was just right for calling on the right brain to do its thing.

That got me to thinking of the differences between the songs I heard on the radio in my youth, and the songs my kids are hearing today. Moon River and songs like that were immensely popular. Remember Volare by Dean Martin? My suitemate in college sang that song every day, just to show off his Italian heritage! Those songs encouraged listeners to "chill out," and "go with the flow, man."

Enjoy life, and try not to let little things upset you.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

Sometimes music seems to be the only thing to keep me both sane and in good humor.