Saturday, January 07, 2012

Circles

I was speaking with a male co-worker friend at work today, when a female co-worker friend came over and joined us. She told him that she used to be in my inner circle of friends, but now she is just in one of my outer circles. The existence of these circles was news to me. I am always wanting meaningful relationships, and, whenever possible, close friendships. Later, that same male friend came up to me and said, "I don't know about the women who work here. You never know whether they are going to yell at you or hug you!"

Later in the day I spotted my female co-worker friend. I asked her what I had done to make her feel that way. She said she had only been joking. I pressed on, saying that I didn't think she would say that if she didn't mean it. Then she told me what had happened: she had overheard two other female co-workers saying how much they liked me, and they were two people with whom she was not close, so she felt I had moved on to another "circle" of friends. As for me, I am just glad to know that I have at least three female friends who like me.




8 comments:

Jeffro said...

It is comforting to know that at least some women have lost their brains and think we're ok. ;)

Unknown said...

Let it be known that this male friend considers you to be in his inner circle!

Andy said...

Bob, at the risk of sounding like a male chauvanist pig, that's just chicks!

I've got a lot of female friends, too. And, they are different from my male friends. They think like women. ;)

Bob's Blog said...

Nick,
Thank you! Linda says to tell you that "all of us say Hi!"

Bob's Blog said...

Jeffro,
Yeah, losing brains is sometimes a good thing!

Bob's Blog said...

Andy,
Yeah, I know. Never let me forget that!

Mrs. Who said...

Make that at least four! ;)

Bob's Blog said...

Mrs. Who,
Aw shucks! Thank you! That means a lot to me, because I have much respect and affection for you.