Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Would that be cheating?

Sara was getting her "Sisterlocks" done today, so Jon (10), Greg (9), and I went on a bike ride on the sandy country road. Greg's bike is perpetually under the weather, since he rides it like a cowboy riding a bull, so he took Sara's. First, though, Greg had to make a sign to cover the Barbie bike bag on Sara's bike. "NOT MY BIKE" read the sign.

When Sara (6) got home from getting her hair done, I read her some stories and tucked her in. When it came time for prayers, I ended with "In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." "What about the Daughter? Sara yelled indignantly. I told her "I don't know." I suggested she ask God about that the next time she sees HIm. She immediately responded that God is with her all day long. He usually sits in Ian's chair, because Ian is usually absent. The only time God is not with Sara, she asserted, is when she is doing a spelling test. "That would be cheating, to ask God how to spell a word."

3 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

Oh Bob what adorable children. I don't which is funnier but both are fantastic. Don't you just love those "Kids say the darnest thing" moments. Priceless!

julie said...

That's awesome - what a funny, brilliant kid she's turning out to be!

vw bug said...

I don't know which made me smile more... the hiding of the bike bag or God having to leave so you can't cheat. Adorable children.