Monday, September 20, 2010

Quotes that have meaning to me

Here are some quotes I have recently read. Most of them I cannot remember who said them. They just have meaning to me at this moment in my life.
"If you are going through Hell, keep going." (Winston Churchill)

"When a woman is done, she is well and truly done." (I saw this at the Washington Rebel blog.)

"Some friendships are formed as an alliance against a common enemy." David Sedaris, in his book Dress Your Family in Cordoroy and Denim

"What is the most beautiful sound in the world? Hearing the footsteps of the one you love approaching outside your door." (from William F. Buckley's book The Reagan I Knew"

"What is it like to live in the vortex of an impossible yearning?"

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and erase all doubt."

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I like the hell one...the country song was really good.