Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pain Relief

I saw a man yesterday wearing a tee shirt that proclaimed:
BULL RIDERS EXPECT PAIN
BULL RIDERS ENDURE PAIN
BULL RIDERS DON'T COMPLAIN.

How about the rest of us? Do we expect some pain to come into our lives? Are we prepared to endure it? Do we complain? If so, where does our complaining lead us? Yep, to more pain.

I think that if we truly want to become stronger, the One we need to turn to is God. He is the One we cannot fool. We don't have to waste time convincing Him of the pain we are enduring; He already knows! With God, through His Holy Spirit, we can learn to trust Him to lead us away from the pain. After a while the trusting becomes easier, as we realize He is here for those of us who believe in Him, repent of our sins, and ask for His guidance.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I guess I really have spent my life avoiding pain...wonder if I have that all wrong.