Sunday, September 29, 2013

Times have really changed

I don't watch t.v. unless I am at the gym, where t.v.s are everywhere you look, or in a restaurant or doctor's office. Therefore, I did not know about the Showtime series entitled "Masters of Sex," which is reviewed today in the Denver Post by Joanne Ostrow.

Growing up in the 1940s and 1950s, there were no x-Rated movies or cable television or internet. I guess there were Playboy and Penthouse, but I don't remember how old I was when I first looked at the women therein. Some time in my high school years, I believe. Nowadays even to watch a You Tube video of their favorite Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez songs, third graders see a bombardment of sluttily undressed women. And Miley Cirus: wasn't she the star of the Disney Channel series Hannah Montana? So now little girls think that you graduate from Hannah Montana to become a twerker?

Funny thing is, I didn't need the extra stimulation to be attracted to girls. All I had to do was look at them, and my male physiology did the rest!

Joanne Ostrow writes about those days here,

Sure, Americans trusted Dr. Spock to tell them how to raise babies, but they had little information about what was involved in actually making them.
That totally describes me at the time my wife somehow managed to become pregnant with our first child! I knew nothing about those hidden areas of female anatomy. The parts that I saw, though, were more than enough to turn me on!

No comments: