Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Medicaid America

From Boing Boing: The American Psychiatric Association is set to add "disruptive mood dysregulation disorder" to the Diagnostic Statistical Manual (DSM), the bible of psychiatric disorders. A kid has "DMDD" if she or he has "severe recurrent temper outbursts that are grossly out of proportion in intensity or duration to the situation... at least three times a week."

The Last Psychiatrist explains:

In Medicaid America, i.e. America, if you come through the door and I ask you all the questions and I determine there is absolutely nothing wrong with you, two things will happen at the exact same time: 1. You will punch me. 2. I won't get paid, can't get paid for no diagnosis, no matter how hard I work.

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2012/11/temper_tantrums_in_the_dsm.html

No comments: