Sunday, September 02, 2012

East German judges giving Eastwood 1.4 out of 10

Ace at Ace of Spades says the media, like the East German judges in the Olympics, when there was still an East and West Germany, are giving Clint Eastwood 1.4 out of 10. But I think Mr. Eastwood's simple, but emotional, statement that "when somebody's not doing the job, ya gotta let him go," was very powerful. And, oh, by the way, it was another Republican actor from California who demanded that wall be torn down, wasn't it?

2 comments:

mushroom said...

I didn't see Eastwood's comments live. I hate watching this stuff. But after my wife insisted on knowing what I thought about it, I watched it on Youtube. I thought it was funny in a "Jimmy Stewart on the Tonight Show" way -- if you remember Jimmy's appearances there with Carson.

My guess is that the left would rather talk about Eastwood than Romney's speech. But I think they are making a mistake in encouraging people to watch it. I would call it gently devastating.

Bob's Blog said...

Mushroom,
"Gently devastating" sounds just right to me. Yes, I remember those Jimmy Stewart/Johnny Carson moments. That is an excellent comparison. My Dad and I watched a little bit of Johnny Carson every night. Mom was there, too, but snoring. Dad would have his bowl of cut-up bread with milk and sugar.