Saturday, September 24, 2011

Opportunities to show love and kindness

When you are kind to someone, do you let them know that God loves them? Do you say that? I don't, except sometimes to my kids. I know that when I am kind to someone, I am pleasing God; but I am not comfortable adding those additional words to people I do not know well.

I am so thankful that, even though I surely am most undeserving, God still makes available to me opportunities to show love and kindness to others. In fact, at times it seems that the more aware I am of my own shortcomings, the more likely it is that He will give me opportunities to be kind and helpful to others.

How is it with you?

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

When people are kind to me and don't say so I just thank them and say a prayer God will bless them. When they mention God I get uncomfortable because then I wonder. Did you do that just to get a brownie point? Then I wonder is that really important? Then the moment is past.