Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Stress!

Six-year-old Greg came to me with a terribly stressed-out look all over his beautiful face. He urgently sought my attention. "Dad, you have to do something right now, or else the chicken is going to burn really badly. It has been cooking all morning!"

I explained to him how the crock pot works. Of course, it was not the first time we have used the crock pot. What was different was that instead of having it in the back corner of the kitchen, as we did at the house in Golden, now we have it right out in plain sight. I was glad to be able to relieve that stress!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

LOL! Bless his heart! I can't ever remember either one of my son's taking an interest in the cooking of things. Somehow one of them wound up joining the Army and cooking in the mess hall. He voluteered to cook Thanksgiving dinner for us when he came home on leave. He had to give it up and turn it back over to me. He said he couldn't cook for just five people because he was used to cooking for 70 or 80 people! LOL!