Saturday, August 24, 2013

"You don't have to die today!

You want to see a true heroine? Please watch and listen to this beautiful woman.

"Why do you think he listened to you?"

"I have no idea. That wasn't nobody but God! I was praying hard. I don't know what made him decide to listen to me. He wouldn't even tell me his name. Then he did and his name wound up being my mother's family name. And I said, oh, you know, we could be family members!"

"You know, you are the hero today."

"I give it all to God. I was terrified."

"You kept it together."

"Yeah, I don't know how, but I did. Through His grace and mercy, I did."

"Are you going back to school tomorrow."

"Yes, I'll be back, sittin' in that same seat, blessin' the next person."

(Today, NBC reports that Hill's mother died and that he'd stopped taking his medicine because his Medicaid expired. CBS adds that Hill pleaded guilty to threatening to kill his brother earlier this year.) Why did his Medicaid expire? Did he fail to go in for a renewal appointment?

If he plead guilty to threatening to kill his brother earlier this year, WHY WAS HE STILL WALKING AROUND FREE IN THE COMMUNITY?

From a link by Ann Voskamp

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Let's all remember the young man who must be hurting and alone right now in our prayers, Michael Brandon Hill. My heart goes out to him, I can't imagine the hurt he must have been feeling, that he would decide to do this. I'm glad that the love Ms. Tuff showed him gave him a glimmer of hope, but now as Christians we must continue to show him love, the love of Christ, that can rescue him from the shadow of death. How can we help him? Where is he now? He needs a friend now as much as he did in that dark hour of need. He and others like him are all around us, desperate to feel loved, hurting, lonely, friendless. We all have to get out of our comfort zone and reach out to them, listen, ask questions, share our own hurts. But most of all listen.

Bob's Blog said...

Ryan,
I know that you practice your faith just like you write about it. That is the reason, in addition to your brilliant mind, that I like being around you, and consider you a friend.

I don't know where Mr. Hill is, but I hope he is confined, so that he can no longer threaten anyone with "the shadow of death."

Yes, reach out to him in the manner you suggest. But, keep him confined for a very long time. He has earned it. Keep others safe from him. Take away his ability to threaten other people with the shadow of death.

The person who has earned our gratitude and praise is Ms. Tuff. I hope someone(s) will fund her dreams. How can we help her?