Friday, August 23, 2013

Just as I have always pictured her!

Is biology some imaginary construct that can be wished away? Bookworm Room says it is not. However, if we claim victim status, we can get our fellow taxpayers to foot the bill for making the changes we want. As Bookworm writes,
I’m pretty darn sure that I’m Claudia Schiffer trapped in a short, only moderately-attractive, middle-aged woman’s body. Put another way, my real identity is super model, not soccer mom. This disconnect (or, to use a fancy term, body dysmorphia) causes me profound mental anguish. I’m subject to age-ism and look-ism inconsistent with my true identity, and daily battle the glances of myself that the mirror reveals. I have a right to be whole. I recognize that I’ll always be short, but I think it will take only about $100,000 in plastic surgery (facelift, cheek implants, jaw implants, hair weaves, breast implants, butt implants, a little bit of liposuction, colored contact lenses, wardrobe consultations, etc) in order for me to look as my mental self-image tells me I should look:

No comments: