Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Happy May Day!

Happy May Day! One blogger informs us that May Day

is International Workers’ Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers, widely celebrated by oligarchs who run “democratic people’s republics”.

But that's not the May Day I remember growing up in Sioux City, Iowa. May Day was the day little guys like me in the third grade brought baskets of goodies to girls we liked. I brought one to Mary Knoll, one to Joanie Burroughs, and one to Judy Hamilton.

I think I picked those three, because they were all fast runners, besides being cute and pretty and all that stuff. You see, the idea was that the boy runs up on their porch, rings the door bell, leaves the basket of goodies, then runs away. The job of the girls was to run after the boy and give him a kiss.

Now do you see why I picked the three fastest girls?

No comments: