Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First, they came for...

A blogger has written a poem about statists.

First they came for the Evangelicals But they just want everyone to follow their oppressive rules So I was fine with that

Then they came for the conservatives But they are just greedy bastards who want to take away poor people's benefits, So I was fine with that

Then they came for the gun owners But we can't have crazy people shooting kids So I was fine with that

Then they came for the Jews But it's not fair that they run the world So I was fine with that

Then they came for the homeschoolers But they just want to brainwash their children So I was fine with that

Then they came for the "preppers" But they are just crazy anti-government agitators So I was fine with that

Then they came for the Catholics Because hey, why not? So I was fine with that

So now that we're living in our glorious utopia They came for me And I can't imagine why everyone else is fine with that.

by mituns.dreamwidth.org

hat tip Bookworm Room

1 comment:

Always On Watch said...

I'll be linking to this the day after Memorial Day.