Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Going to Omaha on vacation?

I met a woman today. She said she was hurrying to get ready to go on vacation this weekend. I asked her if she was going anywhere on her vacation.

She said, "Omaha."

I said, "oh, that's an unusual vacation destination."

"Oh, we go there every year at this time. Usually, the weather is really nice this time of the year, but the forecast high temperatures this week are in the lower forties."

That didn't seem too bad, as I looked outside and saw the snow coming down all day today here in Colorado.

She then explained that her reason for choosing Omaha was that she is a stockholder in Berkshire Hathaway, the company founded by billionaire Obama supporter Warren Buffet.

I asked her to tell me about the experience. She said that free food is available, and Warren Buffet sits at a table and answers questions from the stockholders. I asked her if anyone ever asks Buffet any tough questions about ethics or crony capitalism. She said this year she expects someone to ask him about Wrigley's new gum that has caffeine.

I asked her to be sure and give me a report when she returns. Hopefully, when she returns, I will have more time to question her than I did today.

No comments: