Monday, January 10, 2011

Sara on the importance of Family and School

Seven-year-old Sara said to me this morning, "I'm glad I have a family. I'd be bored without a parent around. Children who are left alone might trash the place, and maybe even light things on fire and burn the house down! My advice to other kids is, "without a family, you are going to be bored, so GET A FAMILY!"

"If you have a family, you have somebody to talk to. I'm very talkative, and I love to get attention. People get annoyed if I talk too much. If you talk too much, you might get out of breath or fall asleep. My advice to other kids is "Find someone to talk to, but don't interrupt them if they are talking to someone else."

"Oh, and one more thing, Dad. It's the law that children have to go to school. School is what you need to learn. You need to pay attention in school, and not just mess around."

2 comments:

mushroom said...

A very thoughtful assessment and evidence of great wisdom. Also, Sara is certainly 100% female.

Terri Wagner said...

You and Sara should write a book...all the things I needed to know I learned from my daughter.