Friday, January 07, 2011

All I needed to know, I learned in...first grade?

"How was your day, Sara?"

"Great! Dalton was playing Ninja. He needed a girl. He trained me how to be a Ninja. You sneak up on people, flip over on the monkey bars, then run really fast."

"I also made friends with MacKenzie, after she tattled on me and tried to get me in trouble with the teacher, so I would miss out on recess. I told the teacher the real truth: that I put my pencil in Kendall's desk by accident." (I think something is missing from this story, but I'm not sure exactly what, and, anyway, Sara is already on to the next story about her school day).

"We colored our brain, heart and skeleton. I stayed in the lines, because that is exactly how our bodies are."

"Now, Daddy can we read How the Camel Got His Hump?"

2 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

I heart Sara! :) She sounds just like a few daughters I know!

Terri Wagner said...

I love the simple but profound way your children have of saying things.