Tuesday, November 02, 2010

We have much work left to do.

Dorothy Rabinowitz writes in today's Wall Street Journal that Americans have lost their illusions about Barack Obama. Rabinowitz asserts that "illusions matter. Their loss is irrecoverable." I am afraid she is overly optimistic. We will need to continue to work to earn the respect of independents, people who are not enamored with either party. We are not going to change the minds of those who have enthusiastically supported Obama.

Update: I just read this piece by Morgan K. Freeberg, who says in many more words what I tried to say in the above paragraph. In addition to the liberals he writes about, though, I am referring to the quieter, perhaps less educated masses of people whom Obama can count on to have faith in him.

2 comments:

Webutante said...

Well said, Bob, this is just the beginning,not the end.

Terri Wagner said...

Sorry about Tancredo. Thought he had a good chance. I'm one of those independents you've mentioned. You've got to work for my vote for sure, well, of course, not you personally. But I go for character and resolve as well as what I think is best. You know I got to thinking if Reid is back (and that's just nuts), maybe that's a good thing since Schmuer would be a major disaster.