Friday, October 01, 2010

Proactive response to repeated trauma

How does one avoid being psychologically or emotionally traumatized when experiencing frequent traumatizing events? From what I have been reading about trauma, a person experiencing trauma can react in one of three ways: proactive, reactive, or passive. Proactive would seem like the way to go. What would that look like? For the Christian, it would surely mean constant prayer, seeking God's guidance prior to, during, and after taking a proactive action step.

2 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

As you know I'm Mormon and this weekend our leader spoke to us...his words on Sunday am really suprised me and yet I felt the rightness of them. In the midst of all that seems so wrong, his advice was to be grateful. That so much more would come of being grateful. Trama is scary and threatening and sometimes so evil we can bear to experience to it, can gratitude soften the heart, heal the wound and create a peace?

Bob's Blog said...

Terri,
I so much appreciate your words, which I know are true and wise.