Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Fall photos of my home

Fall is definitely in the air here. It won't be long now until we get our first frost. With that in mind, I took a few pictures this morning.

On the sunny south side of the house, a tomato plant continues to produce delicious tomatoes above the trailing petunias. Farther in the background are the bamboo plants that seem to have no limit to their growth, even though I never water them. That is a peach tree on the right. It bore no fruit this year, because of the long, cold Spring.
The marigolds and petunias and a few cosmos are hanging on along side the garage. Yes, that is a punching bag hanging in the background.
To make sure an unexpected frost doesn't get them, I dug up my impatiens plants, put them in pots, and placed them inside in my bedroom.
In case you didn't know that about me, I like flowers. This planter with petunias and a dracena are on the back deck looking eastward.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

It's been hot hot hot here this year and will still hit 90 this weekend. I'm soooooooooooooooooo ready for fall...or what passes for fall around here.